We have recently launched a new trip type called the earth and space science tour of Hawaii. This trip incorporates all things great about our NASA trips to the Kennedy Space centre and directs them into a completely new and exciting location!
The line up in Hawaii is jam packed and full of educational events for the students to enjoy. With a particular focus on the land, sea, air and space, this trip encompasses geography, biology and general science with respect to the elements - land, seas, air and space.
Students will find themselves:
- Close to a volcano in Hawaii’s Volcanoes National Park,
- Visiting Punalu’u Black Sand Beach,
- Learning about the environment by participating in a beach clean up,
- Learning how to complete a water quality test at the Waiopae Tide Pools,
- Spending a day with the UH Hilo Marine Science Department studying the rising sea levels impact on Hawaii’s communities,
- Heading to ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center to study stargaze and build and fire model rockets.
This trip has an action packed itinerary and is completely customisable according to your specific trip requirements. With a strong STEAM focus centered around geography, biology, the environment and space, this trip is not only educational but exciting. There are also cultural elements integrated due to Hawaii’s strong Polynesian culture. You will find everything you’re looking for in our earth & space science tour in Hawaii.
Educating Adventures have over 10 years' experience in planning and running highly successful educational trips. We offer teachers a number of resources to help them with every stage of the process including: planning charts, a personalised trip webpage, fundraising documents, posters to help promote your tour plus much more.